About Smolensk region
Smolensk region is located between Moscow and Europe and borders with the Mogilev and Vitebsk regions of Belarus.
Within a radius of 500 km from Smolensk region reside 67.9 million people.
The main economic advantages of Smolensk regions are:
- the unique geographical location (on the way from Russia to Europe. 35% of all Russian cargoes passes through the region and 75% of cargoes arriving from Western Europe to Russia in the same way),
- developed transport infrastructure,
- superfluity of electrical energy,
- effective state programs of business support.
The goal of the Export Support Center is to provide Smolensk small and middle companies consulting and service support in selling their goods and services to companies from near and far abroad by providing free consultative, intermediary services, financing marketing research, participation of Smolensk exporters in exhibitions, educational and business events in Russia and abroad.
All information for investors you will find on www.smolinvest.com. Welcome to the Smolensk Region!
There are 2 state industrial parks in Smolensk Region: "Phoenix" and "Safonovo".
These are the perfect places to localize your business in the key-region of Russia!
- The area of the park is 55 hectares.
- Infrastructure objects are an electrical substation; gas supply, water supply and water disposal are provided.
- Lease of a land plot - for the entire construction period is FREE OF CHARGE. For residents, plots are granted without bidding.
- Benefits for residents - the first 10 years property tax - 0%, land tax - 0%, transport tax - 0%, income tax - 16.5%.
Presentation materials for investors and partners:
Invest in Smolensk region (.pdf, 3Mb ENG)
Presentation of Smolensk region (.pdf, 25Mb ENG)
General results of foreign trade of Smolensk region (.pdf, 0.5Mb ENG)
Presentation of Smolensk region (.pdf, 7.5Mb CN)
Industrial parks in Smolensk Region (.pdf, 1.5Mb CN)
The collective stand of Smolensk producers, organized by the Smolensk Region Export Support Center, began its work at the 20th Central Asian International Exhibition WorldFood Kazakhstan in the Atakent Exhibition Complex in Almaty.